2018 Williams Chase Blanc - 75cl - Case of Six
Appellation: Côtes de Provence
The nose expresses aromatic notes of acacia flowers which on the palate are twinned with refreshing stone fruit flavours of white peaches and apricots. A hint of smoky almonds imparts a moreish savoury character, balanced perfectly with bounteous acidity and an oily texture synonymous with Vermentino.
Grapes are entirely hand-picked under torchlight to ensure freshness at the point of return to the winery. The stems are removed leaving just the berries which are cold macerated and pressed where the must is allowed to settle at cool temperatures. It is then separated into barrels or stainless-steel tanks for fermentation; 30% is in new French oak Demi-Muids (500L) with the remaining 70% in temperature controlled stainless steel. The cuvées are then aged for 6 months and blended prior to bottling
Cépage: Vermentino (Rolle)
ABV: 13 %
Residual Sugar: 0.4g/L